For adult individuals with development disabilities seeking support:

In July 2011, the Ministry of Community and Social Services (MCSS) established “Developmental Services Ontario” (DSO) to coordinate access to all MCSS-funded developmental services. All requests for all supports, including accommodation or residential supports, must be made through “Developmental Services Ontario ñ South West Region” (DSO-SWR) and involve confirmation of eligibility as well as completion of an application and assessment. This single point of access, a division of the Community Services Coordination Network (CSCN), takes into account individual/family choice of service agency.

Families are welcome to call Participation House directly for information about the services offered.

Cathy Smith, Family Resource Coordinator, 519.660.6635, ext. 231.

Visit Community Services Coordination Network (CSCN) or Developmental Services Ontario or call 519.963.1891 and toll free, 1.855.437.6797

Contact DSO

For adult individuals with physical disabilities seeking support:

Individuals with physical disabilities (including those who are medically fragile and technologically dependent and/or ventilator dependent), seeking Assisted Living (AL) services, must apply through a Community Care Access Centre (CCAC).

If you are already a client of a CCAC, contact your CCAC Care Team directly to make this referral.

If not, contact the South West Community Care Access Centre at 1.800.811.5146 to request a referral be made to Participation House.

Project Hope

Project Hope (Help with Opportunities for Participation and Enrichment) is a full-day, flexible program option for severely developmentally challenged and physically challenged young adults who are no longer eligible for educational support, who live at home with their families and who are totally dependent on others for their care, safety and well-being. To apply for Project Hope support services, download the application and forward the completed form to Participation House Support Services.