Reap personal growth, feel good, make the difference in the life of a person with a disability.
Many opportunities exist for individuals interested in volunteering with Participation House Support Services. Volunteers provide support at all levels of the organization. Opportunities are available for those interested in providing support in group settings, as well as assisting with special events and fundraising.
- Provide one to one support and friendship
- Assist with recreational and leisure activities
- Help with special events and fundraising
Who can volunteer?
- Anyone 16 years of age or older
- Parent or guardian consent is required to volunteer under the age of 18 years
- Vulnerable Position Screening (including a police records check) must be conducted in order to protect those we provide support to
What are the benefits?
- Meet new people
- Enrich the lives of people with disabilities
- Contribute to your community
If you are interested in:
- Board games
- Health care/Wellness
- Physio Therapy
Please come share your talents with us.
How do I become a volunteer?
Print and fill out the Volunteer Application. Send completed forms to:David Wighton – Community Development Coordinator Participation House Support Services 620 Colborne Street, Suite 101 London, Ontario N6B 3R9 firstname.lastname@example.org
Student Placement Opportunities
We have much to offer students with respect to placement needs in a variety of areas.
- Experience for career planning
- Greater awarness of people with intellectual and/or physical disabilities
- A training environment for individuals interested in gaining experience for College or University
- Letter of verification
- Endorsement the “Completion of Community Involvement Activities” form, verifying dates and hours completed for high school students’ graduation requirements
If you are interested in a student placement or volunteer position with Participation House Support Services, please contact: David Wighton, Community Development Coordinator at email@example.com, or print and fill out the Volunteer Application. Mail the completed form to:David Wighton – Community Development Coordinator Participation House Support Services 620 Colborne Street, Suite 101 London, Ontario N6B 3R9
Participation House Support Services has speakers available to address your organization or group about the services we offer, our opportunities for you to become involved, accessibility and access issues, etc. We also have displays, brochures and literature handouts available.
To book a speaking or display opportunity for your school, place of worship, or community group, please contact:
David Wighton at firstname.lastname@example.org